Rotary’s Youth Exchange Program
Each year, more than 7,000 young people have the opportunity of a lifetime – a chance to live in another country and see the world from a new perspective through Rotary Youth Exchange.
You could be one of them!
As a Rotary Youth Exchange student, you’ll spend a year living with host families and attending school in a country other than your own.
You’ll learn a new way of living, maybe even a new language, and a great deal about yourself.
As you’re learning, you’ll also be teaching the people you meet about your country, your culture, and your ideas.
You’ll be a young ambassador, helping to bring the world closer together and making some good friends in the process.
If you’re ready for the challenge and the rewards of living in another country as an exchange student, then you’re ready to discover new worlds through the Rotary Youth Exchange program.
What does it cost?
As a guide, the up-front cost for Youth Exchange is approximately $7,000. This varies from year to year, depending on the cost of insurance and airline charges.
The up-front cost covers:
- Airfares and Visas
- Full Health, Accident and Travel Insurance, Property Insurance
- Two Briefing Weekends (one fully accommodated) plus a debrief upon your return
- Uniform (Including Jacket)
- Ozikit (Souvenir & Presentation Material)
- Business Cards with your photo
The Host Rotary Club overseas will provide:
- Full board
- Pocket money (amounts vary)
- School Enrolment Fees at local high schools
- Travel, food and accommodation at Rotary events
NOT included are:
- Clothing and personal toiletries
- Passport & Extra Travel (e.g Tour during holidays with other students)
- Souvenirs and gifts
- Some school excursions
- Language Tuition
- An Emergency fund of approximately $500
Amounts vary but we suggest you allow approximately $5,000 to $10,000 for additional expenses throughout the year. For example, the Tour with other students may cost around $2,500.
Naturally, you have to consider these amounts against what it normally costs to keep you for 12 months living at home.
Click on the buttons below to see a list of students we have sponsored to overseas countries (Outbound) and those we have hosted from other lands (Inbound