Windsor Rotary's Hawkesbury Heartstart Campaign
Windsor Rotary's Hawkesbury Heartstart campaign aims to save lives in the Hawkesbury District by:-
- Educating the community of what action to take when a Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) situation arises
- Increasing the currently low numbers of Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) available in the local community
- Making the location of the AEDs easy to find & available to the public
- Making the locations of AEDs available to 000 operators
- Assisting sporting & community organisations in acquiring AEDs either by assisting in their purchase or assisting the organisation financially if necessary
- Arranging training in the use of AEDs
Should your organisation wish to purchase an AED, please contact our club (details below) or if you would like to apply for financial assistance, a Financial Assistance Application Form can be forwarded to your organisation.
Information on heart attacks or Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA) & Automated External Debibrillators (AED):
A patient's chance of survival diminishes by approximately 10% for every minute following a heart attack and to improve their chances of recovery, the patient requires access to an AED within 5 minutes of the attack.
"Chain of Survival", describes the response for a SCA emergency:
1. Ring 000,
2. Commence Cadiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
3. Locate (do not stop CPR) and use an AED
4 Continue treatment until paramedics arrive.
5. Definitive Care in hospital
Donations to the Windsor Rotary's Hawkesbury Heartstart campaign are welcomed and may be forwarded by cheque to The Rotary Club of Windsor, PO Box 166 Windsor 2756 or donations in cash or cheque may be made at Speechley Property517 George Street South Windsor. A donation form can also be obtained by contacting any of the members below or our club via the contact at the bottom of this page.
Further details of this community program may be obtained from:-
- Barry Kennedy on 0414 752 669 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr Ravi Sahasrabuddhe on 0414 267059 or email@example.com
- Rob Stalley on 0409 241156 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- or by contacting our club via the contact information on the bottom of the web page.